Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kindergarten How To's

We just finished our unit of study on Procedural writing.  I used this first template A Book Of How To's  to have students draw illustrations for a How To IDEA. You can see some Ideas below.

The longer I teach, the simpler I am making my bulletin boards. 
The child fills in their How To Topic samples below
click here

How To Decorate a Christmas tree
 How To Jump in the pool
How To  Make a snow girl
How To  Read a book
How To  Make  A Jack O Lantern
How to Be a Teacher
How To Be a Princess

click here for How To Paper



My class wrote about three/four How To's each. We used the checklist below when we were ready to publish.
click here for READY to PUBLISH sheet





2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading what your students are up to with their reading and writing! Thank you for sharing it. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your student samples. They are absolutely adorable. Thank you so much for these resources. :)
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...